Sunday May 4, 2008 - The Air Force PT Test - Wisdom of the Warrior - The Fighter Pilot's View

Tips, tricks, and tactics for OPTIMAL LIVING!

Monday, May 5, 2008

Sunday May 4, 2008 - The Air Force PT Test


Once a year we are required to complete a PT (Physical Training) Test to show that we are fit to be soldiers. As the Wing Fitness Officer at Buckley I am in charge of administering the enitre program which means at some point I actually have to complete the test myself!


After attending church with the kids, today was the day for my test. I am not much of a runner, but I managed a 9:37 1.5 mile run, 80 pushups in a minute, 60 situps in a minute and maxed the flexibility portion of the test (maybe because I did YOGA earlier in the day!)


If you want to take the Air Force PT test as a Crossfit substitute someday - here it is:


  • Timed 1.5 mile run

  • Max pushups in 1 minute

  • Max situps in 1 minute

  • Sit and reach - measure number of inches reach is short or beyond your toes
Pictured with Stacey Hayduk hot on my trail!

No comments:

Comments